The history of Ashford Manor dates back to the mid-1800s, when William and Louisa Booth Ashford raised their family on this property. The original house is no longer standing; in 1893, Louisa and William’s son Alexander Ashford, known as A.W., built the grand Victorian that serves as the main house for Ashford Manor B&B today. (A.W.’s older brother William Ashford was a successful businessman in Atlanta; Ashford Dunwoody Road bears his name). In the foyer near the Garden Room, there’s a photo of A.W. and his wife Loula with their nine children and their spouses and children, taken in 1930 on the occasion of A.W. and Loula’s 60th wedding anniversary.